Thursday, January 17, 2013

A Penguin Walks Into A Bar ...






Jan. 17, 2013

Today I am 194.2 pounds of rolling blunder, I mean thunder.

The roll was a little slower than usual today because I was listening to my body whine and walked instead of run. But it was still a great winter day to get outside, break a sweat and get the motor running.

Running, biking and lawn mowing = think time.

At least that's how it works for me. Give me a mindless, repetitive activity such as running and I get a lot of great thinking done. Yesterday I came up with the great conclusion that Pinterest may just be the third horseman of the social media zombie apocalypse.

I was even able to build enough of a supporting argument that it became a blog posting on my other blog (Xogdogsblog.com) if you're interested.

But there are times when the old creative juices get overrun by testosterone, and what sounded like a good idea doesn't make much sense when you stop and cool down. And many times if you write it down and look the next day it makes even less sense.

But these are the days of little sense: Lance Armstrong admits doping; Tiger Woods wants to get back with his baby mommy and now a Notre Dame football player named Manti Te'o has been "Catfished."

So it's in this spirit that I'm sharing some actual oddball interview questions that came my way today via glassdoor.com. If nothing else, it will give you something to let rumble around in your head while you click off the miles.

"If you were to get rid of one state, which would it be and why?" Forrester Research asked

Dell: "What songs best describe your work ethic?"

Clark Construction Group: “A penguin walks through that door right now wearing a sombrero.  What does he say and why is he here?”

Urban Outfitters: “Pick two celebrities to be your parents.”

Bandwith.com: “What kitchen utensil would you be?”

JetBlue: “How many quarters would you need to reach the height of the Empire State building?”

So hopefully somewhere in this batch of questions there's one you can ponder that will make the miles go faster. Good luck and be safe out there.

No comments:

Post a Comment